All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book documents a qualitative study involving various groups of teacher education students and practicing teachers. The study encompassed learners' multiple languages and recognized ways that multiple kwledge sources, identities, and language forms can contribute to the formation of new relationships, new kwledge, and new meanings. Integrating all the traditional content areas of study, the arts, and new forms of cross-disciplinary ways of kwing, a curriculum is framed around critical literacy, with its underlying elements of participation by all, respect for multiple sources of kwledge, and the responsibility of transformative action. The book uses illustrative case studies to present the research involved, and to identify the aspects of critical theory and the themes and implications that emerged from this participatory, learner-driven curriculum.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Elizabeth P. Quintero, Ed.D., has been involved with education programs across the United States and in several countries as a teacher, research scholar, and curriculum specialist with programs that serve families in multilingual communities representing a variety of cultural and historical backgrounds. She is Professor of Education at California State University, Channel Islands. Her recent publications include: Children Using Story to Connect with Others in Educacao's themed issue on multiculturalism and education; In a World of Migration: Rethinking Literacy, Language, and Learning Texts in Contexts in the Journal of Educational Media, Memory, and Society, and Problem-posing with Multicultural Children's Literature: Developing Critical Early Childhood Curricula.
- Author(s)Elizabeth P. Quintero
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRethinking Childhood
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight310 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.