All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionUtopian in theme and implication, this book shows how the practices of critical, interpretive inquiry can help change the world in positive ways...This is the promise, the hope, and the agenda that is offered. --Norman K. Denzin, From the Foreword Its focus on learning, education and pedagogy gives this book a particular relevance and significance in contemporary cultural studies. Its impressive authors, thoughtful structuring, wide range of perspectives, attention to matters of educational policy and practice, and suggestions for transformative pedagogy all provide for a compelling and significant volume. --H. Svi Shapiro, University of North Carolina-Greensboro Distinguished international scholars from a wide range of disciplines (including curriculum studies, foundations of education, adult education, higher education, and consumer education) come together in this book to explore consumption and its relation to learning, identity development, and education. Readers will learn about a variety of ways in which learning and education intersect with consumption. This volume is unique within the literature of education in its examination of educational sites - both formal and informal - where learners and teachers are resisting consumerism and enacting a critical pedagogy of consumption.
- Author BiographyJennifer A. Sandlin is Assistant Professor in the Division of Advanced Studies in Education Policy, Leadership, and Curriculum, Mary Lou Fulton Institute and Graduate School of Education, Arizona State University, Tempe. Peter McLaren is Professor in the Division of Urban Schooling, the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSociocultural, Political and Historical Studies in Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJennifer A. Sandlin,Peter L. McLaren
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.