All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $65.75Free postage
- AU $66.28Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do social workers need to kw in order to practise skilfully and effectively? The second edition of this highly respected text gives you the understanding to bridge the gap between social work theory and the challenges of day-to-day practice. Critical Practice in Social Work is different from every other text for several reasons: - Its unique combination of theory, values and practice - The wealth of expertise its contributors bring to their subject - The way the themes of critical practice and reflective practice are used to show how theories can be applied meaningfully - The number of methods covered, in an 'easy reference' structure - Its in-depth look at an unrivalled spectrum of professional situations, illustrated by rich case material - Its systematic discussion of professional ethics and values, both as general principles for practice and as practical tools. The book's simultaneous accessibility and depth make it suited for study at both qualifying and post-qualifying level. Conveying the versatility and thoughtfulness required to do social work well, it is an essential purchase for every aspiring and practising social worker's bookshelf. It is one of three interrelated books edited by the internationally rewned and widely published team, Robert Adams, Lena Dominelli and Malcolm Payne. The companion books are Social Work: Themes, Issues and Critical Debates (third edition) and Practising Social Work in a Complex World. Each book can be used alone or in combination with the other two as a uniquely flexible and comprehensive programme of study.
- Author BiographyROBERT ADAMS is Visiting Professor of Social Work in the School of Health and Social Care at the University of Teesside, UK. He has a considerable writing and publishing track record, for example as author of Social Policy for Social Work (Palgrave Macmillan), editor of Foundations of Health and Social Care (Palgrave Macmillan 2007), consultant editor for the Handbook of Postqualifying Social Work (Jessica Kingsley 2007). LENA DOMINELLI is Professor of Applied Social Sciences and Head of Social and Community and Youth Work at the University of Durham, UK. She is an academician in the Academy of the Learned Societies for Social Sciences. From 1996 to 2004, she served as President of the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW). She is widely published, with a number of important sole-authored books to her name, particularly in the areas of feminism and anti-racism. These include: Social Work: Theory and Practice in a Changing Profession (Polity Press, 2004); Anti-Oppressive Social Work Theory and Practice; and Anti-Racist Social Work (3rd edition). MALCOLM PAYNE is Adviser (Policy and Development) at St Christopher's Hospice, London, UK. He is also Emeritus Professor of Community Studies, Manchester Metropolitan University, and Honorary Professor, Kingston University St George's Medical School. He is author of the global best-seller, Modern Social Work Theory, as well as numerous other books including Teamwork in Multiprofessional Care and The Origins of Social Work.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight781 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLena Dominelli,Malcolm Payne,Robert Adams
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.