All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReading critically, and writing using critical techniques, are crucial skills you need to apply to your academic work. This proven guide helps you develop a reflective and advanced critical approach to your research and writing. Practical and engaging, Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates is bursting with tools for analysing texts and structuring critical reviews, helping you to build your skills beyond undergraduate level and gain confidence in your ability to critically read and write. New to this 3rd edition: * A new chapter, trialled in workshops that bridges the concepts and practice of learning how to read critically and applying it * Additional diagrams, exercises and concept explanations, enabling you to more easily understand and apply the various approaches * A new glossary, plus Companion Website with supplementary materials for tutors.
- Author BiographyMike Wallace is a Professor of Public Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University. He is an Associate Director of the Advanced Institute of Management Research (AIM), responsible for research capacity building in the management field. He is also the Economic and Social Research Council's Strategic Adviser for Researcher Development. Mike is series editor of the Sage Learning to Read Critically series of books. His own research on managing change in the public services is reported in many books and academic journals. Alison Wray is a Research Professor of Language and Communication at Cardiff University. Her research concerns the modelling of lexical storage and processing, particularly in relation to formulaic phrases, and it has been applied to language learning, evolution of language and language disability. Her two monographs Formulaic Language and the Lexicon (Cambridge University Press, 2002) and Formulaic Language: Pushing the Boundaries (Oxford University Press, 2008) are internationally acclaimed. Her current research is into dementia communication. She has a longstanding commitment to researcher training, including the developing of academic expertise. She is lead author of the popular undergraduate research methods textbook Projects in Linguistics (Hodder, 2012).
- Author(s)Alison Wray,Mike Wallace
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSage Study Skills Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.