All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddressed to researchers in Applied Linguistics, and to professional teachers working in, or studying teaching and learning processes in, multilingual classrooms, Critical Reading in Language Education offers a distinctive contribution to the question of how foreign language learners can be helped to acquire effective literacy in English. At the heart of the book is first-hand classroom research by the author as both teacher and researcher, demonstrating an invative research methodology and empirical evidence to support a critical reading pedagogy.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE WALLACE is Reader in Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. She teaches on the MA TESOL at the Institute and is the co-ordinator of an Advanced Diploma in Minority Ethnic Achievement. She has a number of publications in the field of early literacy and the teaching of reading to learners of English as a second or foreign language. These include: Learning to Read in a Multicultural Society: The Social Context of Second Language Literacy (1988) and Reading (1992).
- Author(s)Catherine Wallace
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/11/2003
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight296 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.