All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionCritical Readings in Translation Studies is an integrated and structured set of readings that is prospective rather than retrospective in orientation. It provides students with a comprehensive overview of the latest developments in thinking about translation, both within and outside translation studies. Designed to be the most student-friendly volume available, this reader: * Covers all the main forms of translation: oral, written, literary, n-literary, scientific, religious, audiovisual and machine translation * Uses a thematic structure: topics covered include the politics and dynamics of representation, the positioning of translators and interpreters in institutional settings, issues of mirity and cultural survival, and the impact of new media and techlogy * Incorporates key approaches to conceptualizing translation: from textual and philosophical to cultural and political * Includes core material from rewned scholars, but also invative and less well-kwn work from scholars both in related disciplines and in the n-western world. Complete with full editorial support from Mona Baker, including a general introduction as well as detailed, critical summaries of each of the readings, a set of follow-up questions for discussion and recommended further reading for each article, this is an essential resource for all students of translation studies.
- Author BiographyMona Baker is Professor of Translation Studies at the University of Manchester, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight1065 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byMona Baker
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.