All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSubversive thought is ne other than the cunning of reason when confronted with a social reality in which the poor and miserable are required to sustain the illusion of fictitious wealth. Yet, this subsidy is absolutely necessary in existing society, to prevent its implosion. The critique of political ecomy is a thoroughly subversive business. It rejects the appearance of ecomic reality as a natural thing, argues that ecomy has t independent existence, expounds ecomy as political ecomy, and rejects as conformist rebellion those anti-capitalist perspectives that derive their rationality from the existing conceptuality of society. Subversion focuses on human conditions. Its critical subject is society unaware of itself. This book develops Marx's critique of political ecomy as negative theory of society. It does t conform to the patterns of the world and demands that society rids itself of all the muck of ages and founds itself anew.
- Author BiographyWerner Bonefeld teaches in the Department of Politics at the University of York, UK. His work contributed to the development of the internationally recognised Open Marxism school.
- Author(s)Prof. Werner Bonefeld
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCritical Theory and Contemporary Society
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.