All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLeading authorities in the field review current experimental and theoretical kwledge on criticality and brain function. The book begins by summarizing experimental evidence for criticality and self-organized criticality in the brain. Subsequently, important breakthroughs in modeling of critical neuronal circuits and how to establish self-organized criticality in the brain are described. A milestone publication, defining upcoming directions of research in this new fi eld and set to become the primary source of information on the brain and criticality.
- Author BiographyDIETMAR PLENZ is Chief of the Section on Critical Brain Dynamics in the Intramural Research Program at the National Institute of Mental Health. He received his Ph.D. in 1993 at the Max-Planck Institute of Biological Cybernetics and the University Tuebingen. Dr. Plenz joined the NIMH as an Investigator in 1999. He pioneered the development of in vitro networks to study and identify the emergence of neuronal avalanches in the brain. ERNST NIEBUR is Professor of Neuroscience and of Brain and Psychological Sciences at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, USA. He holds degrees in Physics from the Universities of Dortmund, Germany and Lausanne, Switzerland, and a postgraduate certificate in Artificial Intelligence from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL). Prof. Niebur has authored more than 100 scientific articles in physics and computational neuroscience. HEINZ GEORG SCHUSTER is Professor (em.) of Theoretical Physics at the University of Kiel in Germany. At the beginning of his academic career, he was appointed Professor at the University of Frankfurt am Main in Germany. He was a visiting professor at the Weizmann-Institute of Science in Israel and at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, USA. He is author and editor of research monographs and topical handbooks on chaos theory, nonlinear dynamics and neural networks, but also on popular science books, and editor of a Wiley series on Nonlinear Physics and Complexity.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAnnual Reviews of Nonlinear Dynamics and Complexity (VCH)
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1232 g
- Width176 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDietmar Plenz,Ernst Niebur
- Series Edited byHeinz Georg Schuster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.