All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritique and utopia are two of the central concepts of the sociology of education, and they indeed exemplify the critical traditions in the sociology of education as a discipline. Critique and Utopia analyzes, using theoretical frameworks and empirical data, the state of the art of the sociology of education at the beginning of the century, offering a systematic criticism of the dominant theories, and findings in the sociology of education.
- Author BiographyCarlos Alberto Torres is professor of social sciences and comparative education and director of Paulo Freire Institute, University of California, Los Angeles. He is also past president of the Comparative International Education Society and past president of the Research Committee of Sociology of Education, International Sociological Association. Antonio Teodoro is a professor at Universidade Lusofona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lisbon, Portugal and vice president of the Research Committee of Sociology of Education, International Sociological Association.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/04/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width161 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAntonio Teodoro,Carlos Alberto Torres
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.