Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionClimate change will severely impact the world's food supply unless steps are taken to increase crop resilience. Otherwise, the negative effects on both the yield and the quality of crop plants are predicted to be immense. Plant gemics is a potentially powerful defense against this looming threat. This compendium volume offers a global perspective on the topic, with contributions from 42 eminent researchers from 12 nations around the world. The editor is a respected and published scientist in the bioinformatics field, who has chosen articles in the following topics: * An overview of the genetic challenges presented by climate change * A gemic toolkit for crop-related research * Specific methods of improvement for specific crop by means of gemic applications The hand-picked up-to-date research makes this volume an excellent reference t only for university-level academics, but also for policymakers and stakeholders who must tackle the challenge of the world's food security.
- Author BiographyDr. Santosh Kumar obtained his BSc agriculture degree in plant breeding from Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India. He obtained his MSc working on wheat phytosiderophores from the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India, and PhD working on control of flowering and germination in barley from the University of Manitoba, Canada. At present, Dr. Kumar is stationed at the Cereal Research Centre, Manitoba, Canada, working for the University of Manitoba. Dr. Kumar has studied various disciplines in plant sciences and received many awards throughout his academic career. His current interests include crop genomics and bioinformatics. Dr. Kumar is member of various plant science societies in Canada and the US. Dr. Kumar has publications that include research articles, a review paper, and a book chapter in areas of plant physiology, genetics, and bioinformatics.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/09/2016
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited bySantosh Kumar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.