All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first ever full-length study of the reception of British cinema in post-war France, challenging Francois Truffaut's infamous dismissal of British cinema as 'a contradiction in terms', a comment which has been, and still is, widely reproduced, yet has until w remained critically unexplored. A historical account, the book gathers together well-kwn episodes (such as Cahiers du cinema in the 1950s) and critics (Andre Bazin, Francois Truffaut, Jean-Luc Godard), along with original new material, and thus throws new light on a topic which, given the influential nature of French film criticism and cinephilia, continues to be at the core of film culture.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Leila Wimmer holds a Ph.D. in Film and Television Studies from the University of Warwick and lectures in Film Studies at London Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Leila Wimmer
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Studies in European Cinema
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2008
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.