Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.27+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou must cross my palm with silver first, my pretty miss.' London, 1860s. The capital's high society ladies like thing more than to while away an evening at a private supper party, drinking sweet wine, sharing confidences - and having their fortunes read. But palm-reading is a perilous business: the lines of the left hand can unlock secrets and reveal futures best kept hidden. When fortune-teller Miss Rose Lee is called to entertain Lady Quayle and her guests at Portland Place, she sees in the palm of shy, cautious Emily a future she is forced to keep to herself. 'A quiet life, my dear' is what she tells the girl. But she spies two little crosses that spell something quite different - fearful, violent death. As Rose's predictions start coming true, her own fortunes become embroiled in the suspect fates of others and the future suddenly seems a dark and dangerous place. With a plucky heroine and a rollicking story, Sara Stockbridge's second vel is a cauldron of subterfuge and mysticism.
- Author BiographySara Stockbridge rose to fame in the 1980s as the muse of fashion designer Vivienne Westwood. Her first novel, The Fortunes of Grace Hammer is 'a delectable mix of lust, loot and adventure' (Tatler) set in nineteenth-century Whitechapel.
- Author(s)Sara Stockbridge
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Weight247 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $24.96Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.