Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManhattan Private Investigator Barney Moon can hack, charm or con his way into or out of damned-near anything. Barney is driven - to solve cases, nail bad guys, and to anyplace t reachable via the NY Subway. Barney never learned to drive. And, like most born/bred New Yorkers, he regards pretty much anywhere else as Out-of-Town. But there is one place for which he has a particular, lifelong aversion: Los Angeles, California (which he thinks of as an Alien Planet). And - guess where he finds himself stranded? In CROSS PURPOSES, a case takes the reluctant Barney and his driver, Al Drobowsky to Los Angeles to obtain a single fingerprint. Things quickly get complicated. That night, of what by then seems sure to be only two in Tinseltown, Al learns he must immediately return to Brooklyn. Next morning, Barney tices his rented car being hot-wired by a young woman. Pragmatically, in exchange for t having Melodie Seaver arrested, he enlists the gorgeous 18-year-old Southern California delinquent to drive him around for - at most - one day. Except that things quickly escalate for this comically ill-matched pair, into murders, conspiracies, and mortal danger. Very fortuitously, the Good News for Barney: Melodie's driving skills are awesome. Together, our off-the-wall team narrowly survives, and solves the complicated mess they've stumbled into.
- Author BiographyNovelist, screenwriter, playwright Thomas B. Sawyer was Head Writer/Showrunner of the classic CBS series, MURDER, SHE WROTE, for which he wrote 24 episodes. Edgar and Emmy-nominated, Head Writer/Showrunner or Producer/Story Editor on 15 network TV series. He has written 9 series pilots, 100 episodes, both comedy and drama. He wrote/directed/produced the feature-film cult comedy, GOSH ALICE GOODBODY. His documentary short film, REUNION, was honored by the New York Film Festival, the Rochester and Edinburgh Festivals, and received national theatrical release. Tom is co-librettist/lyricist of JACK, a musical drama about John F. Kennedy which, backed by the Shuberts, has been performed to acclaim in the US and Europe. He is publisher of STORYBASE 2.0 writer's software. Tom's book, FICTION WRITING DEMYSTIFIED, and STORYBASE software are Writer's Digest Book Club Selections. The best-selling mystery/thriller about the JFK assassination, THE SIXTEENTH MAN, was his first novel. His second, best-selling NO PLACE TO RUN, was the first novel to make the case that 9/11 was a conspiracy. He's taught writing at UCLA, at numerous major writers conferences, and online at Screenwriters University. www.ThomasBSawyer.com
- Author(s)Thomas B Sawyer
- PublisherSuspense Publishing
- Date of Publication19/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSuspense Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.