Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $151.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $193.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeadership development is critical to organizational competitive advantage. The key to successful leadership development programs lies in understanding the complex and always-shifting interplay of national culture, organizational culture, program dynamics, and individual differences. Editors Derr, Roussillon, and Bouris explain the interrelationships among these influences, demonstrating how national culture may play a greater role in leadership development programs in some countries than in other countries. Contributors present varying viewpoints from the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Italy, China, Vietnam, Israel, Africa, and Latin America. Perspectives on leadership management in changing organizations, on fast-track executives, and on the perspective of a clinical psychologist are included. In addition, the editors have included a discussion of the diversity-collaboration model, a highly useful tool for modulating the pendulum swings between the two extremes. In this context, diversity in the extreme is exemplified by a fluid, mobile, global labor force in which the risks include lack of unifying goals, lack of loyalty to the firm, and lack of effective action. The converse-collaboration in the extreme-is characterized by so much internal socialization, integration, and homogeneity that creativity is squelched and invation is stifled. Preparing future leaders effectively entails straddling the middle by integrating highly acculturated, loyal, dedicated insiders with free agents culled from the global talent pool. The various chapters on leadership development as practiced in both developed and developing countries provide valuable insight into the utility of the diversity-collaboration model. Human resource managers, leadership development consultants, and organizational behavior consultants as well as their academic colleagues will find this work tremendously useful.
- Author BiographyC. BROOKLYN DERR is Staheli Professor of International Business and Executive Director of the Global Business Center at the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University, and is affiliated with the Lyon Graduate School of Management (EM Lyon) in Lyon, France. SYLVIE ROUSSILLON is Professor of Organizational Behavior at EM Lyon. FRANK BOURNOIS is Professor of Management at the University of Paris Pantheon-Assas (Paris II).
- Date of Publication30/05/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight656 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byC.Brooklyn Derr,Frank Bournois,Sylvie Roussillon
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.