All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book generates a fresh, complex view of the process of globalization by examining how work, scholarship, and life inform each other among intercultural scholars as they navigate their interpersonal relationships and cross boundaries physically and metaphorically. Divided into three parts, the book examines: (1) the socio-psychological process of crossing boundaries constructed around nations and work organizations; (2) the negotiation of multiple aspects of identities; and (3) the role of language in intercultural encounters, in particular, adjustment taking place at linguistic and interactional levels. The authors reflect upon and give meaning and structure to their own intercultural experiences through theoretical frameworks and concepts-many of which they themselves have proposed and developed in their own research. They also provide invaluable advice for transnational scholars and those who aspire to work and live abroad to improve organizational participation and mutual intercultural engagement when working in a globalizing workplace. Researchers and practitioners of applied linguistics, communication studies, and higher education in many regions of the world will find this book an insightful resource.
- Author BiographyAdam Komisarof is Professor of Intercultural Communication and Acculturation in Reitaku University's Department of Economic Studies and Business Administration in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Zhu Hua is Professor of Applied Linguistics and Communication and Head of Department at Birkbeck College, University of London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Higher Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAdam Komisarof,Zhu Hua
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.