All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 2007 to 2011 South Korean filmmaker and newspaper reporter Hark Joon Lee lived among North Korean defectors in China, filming an award-winning documentary on their struggles. Crossing Heaven's Border is the firsthand account of his experiences there, where he witnessed human trafficking, the smuggling of illicit drugs by North Korean soldiers, and a rare successful escape from North Korea by sea. As Lee traces the often tragic lives of North Korean defectors who were willing to risk everything for their hopes, he journeys to Siberia in pursuit of hidden North Korean lumber mills; to Vietnam, where defectors make desperate charges into foreign embassies; and along the 10,000-kilometer escape route for defectors stretching from China to Laos and to Thailand.
- Author BiographyAuthor, reporter, and documentarian Hark Joon Lee was a war correspondent in Afghanistan and managed online news outlets. He is currently an investigative reporter with the Chosun Ilbo Crossmedia Team. Lee has received an array of accolades for his work, including being the first Korean to be nominated for an Emmy award.
- Author(s)Hark Joon Lee
- PublisherAsia/Pacific Research Center, Div of The Institute for International Studies
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAsia/Pacific Research Center, Div of The Institute for International Studies
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.