All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionCrossing Swords is a true story of one week in the life of a 42 year old mother of two young boys who is struggling with the reality of her age, suburbia, marriage and motherhood. It is the small nuances of everyday, the heartfelt dialogue and the humor discovered in the mundane that enable these pages to resonate with everywoman. My life is great. I really mean it. I am 30 years old, have a damn good paying job at a local television station, have the world's cutest Westie, am surrounded by great friends and my wardrobe kicks ass. ..... ... OK, so that top paragraph up there is a complete crock of shit...well, sort of....it used to be me... .However, the updated ME goes like this: I am a married woman (I don't kw what sounds more bizarre to me: the married or the woman) with two boys (again...weird. I was t supposed to have boys. I was supposed to have girls to dress up and take for mani/pedis, shop for prom dresses and make them get that fancy STD vaccine and go on birth control).
- Author BiographyLinda Laymon is a Style and Wardrobe Consultant and Personal Shopper. She graduated from the Global Imaging Group of San Francisco and has additional specialized certification from The Image Resource Center of New York and the Fashion Institute of Technology. Through her vast education in Image and Style, Linda has perfected the art of wardrobing. She has written numerous articles in Image Update Magazine, a trade publication for the fashion industry. Prior to fashion and writing, Linda graduated Rutgers University as a Communications Major and began her adult life in Manhattan. Now on her own and independently slightly wealthy, Linda successfully shopped every nook of New York City, perfecting her wardrobe for any occasion. She began writing newsletters filled with funny, personal anecdotes and fashion updates to friends and family until her mailing list grew to over 800 people, a small cult following. Although her career those days was in Ad Sales at CBS Television, her heart was elsewhere. With the birth of her first child, Linda quit her comfy corporate job and pursued her fashion career and dreams of writing. The change was made in 2002, and women around the country have been laughing in style ever since.
- Author(s)Linda Laymon
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.