All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot a typical immigration story, Crossing the Line is told by a middle-class American woman who falls in love with the son of an impoverished family from rural Mexico-a man who crosses the border illegally to be with her. Married in 1988, Linda and Sixto Valdez learn to love each other's very different families and cultures, raising their child to walk proudly in both worlds. Revealing the tragedies and ultimately the triumphs that emerge when two families living on different sides of the border come together, Crossing the Line cuts through the fears and preconceptions that fuel the continuing political turmoil over immigration. It is a story America needs to hear.
- Author BiographyA finalist for the Pulitzer Prize for editorial writing in 2003, Linda Valdez is a columnist and editorial writer at the Arizona Republic/azcentral.com. She has written extensively about immigration and border issues. Her commentary opposing Arizona's infamous anti-immigration laws earned her the Scripps Howard Walker Stone Award for editorial writing in 2011.
- Author(s)Linda Valdez
- PublisherTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationFort Worth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Content Note15 black & white
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.