Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Crossley Heath School is ongoing and is one of significant academic success, which is fitting because the school is the product of the amalgamation of two rival establishments, Heath Grammar School and Crossley and Porter Grammar School, both which provided a fine education for the young people of Halifax. Heath was founded in 1597 by the vicar of Halifax to provide a free, classical education for boys. The Crossley Orphan Home was the 1864 creation of the altruistic Crossley family and subsequently became a mixed grammar school. The two schools merged in 1985 to become the Crossley Heath School. The illustrations in this book were drawn from an ermous fund of largely unpublished archive material and it is hoped that the reader will receive a brief insight into the histories of the former schools and the modern success story of Crossley Heath. It is worthy of its roots and by virtue of the weight of its history is one of the oldest institutions in Halifax. Gaudeamus igitur - let us indeed rejoice. Crossley Heath is a school to be proud of.
- Author BiographyRose Taylor, Andrew Kafel and Russell Smith all work at Crossley Heath School. They will compile it from the extensive school archives with help from a committee of interested parents.
- Author(s)Andrew Kafel,Rose Taylor,Russell Smith
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteApprox 200
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.