All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world of ise, in a world where the treble clef is disappearing, in Carman Moore, music still has a friend. This biography traces the musician's journey from apprenticeship to his becoming one of the world's leading composers- a composer whose range is phemenal. Ishmael Reed Carman Moore whom Jazz Legend and 2006 Pulizer Prize Award Winner Ornette Coleman calls The best composer in the world, recounts his crossover-filled life from youth to friendships and meetings with such world figures as John Lenn, W. H. Auden, Louis Armstrong and Robert Redford. This great American bio is filled with Carman's anecdotes and wisdom gained from his rich associations. ...A great read; short and intriguing! CROSSOVER is my Bio- the Bio of an Agent of Change. It has been inspired by family members, friends, and admired ones who have broken away from the conventionally obvious. I get to crossover into the world of popular art once again...the recording studios...the rhythm section and the stringent vocalizing...the sound effects and the final mixing. These all appeal to me at the moment. A rock album. I'm t trained for it: therefore I Am. And this CROSSOVER book? It is a Who-Am-I? Bio of exploration, written by someone who is terminally curious. From the beginning my credo has been Don't try to predict me. You'll just be wasting your time. - Carman Moore, like America, a crossover/ Because of America, a crossover.
- Author BiographyCarman Moore is a world-renowned composer, conductor, author, and music critic. A dedicated educator, Moore has taught at the Yale University School of Music, Queens and Brooklyn Colleges, Carnegie-Mellon University, Manhattanville College, and New School University. His works have been performed by the New York Philharmonic and many other major symphony orchestras. He is the author of two books: Somebody's Angel Child: The Story of Bessie Smith (Dell), and Rock-It (a music history and theory book for Alfred Music Publishers). Mr. Moore is presently creating a pop music album about Dante and Beatrice in Outer Space for the new SKYBAND. He has just completed CONCERTO FOR ORNETTE AND ORCHESTRA for jazz legend Ornette Coleman.
- Author(s)Carman Moore
- PublisherGrace Publishing Company
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrace Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.