All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this richly illustrated love letter to the wild places and natural wonders of North Carolina, Tom Earnhardt, writer and host of UNC-TV's Exploring North Carolina and lifelong conservationist, seamlessly ties deep geological time and forgotten species from our distant past to the unparalleled biodiversity of today. With varied topography and a climate that is simultaneously subtropical, temperate, and subarctic, he shows that North Carolina is a meeting place for living things more commonly found far to the rth and south. Highlighting the ways in which the state is a unique ecological crossroads, Earnhardt's research, insightful writing, and stunning photography will both teach and inspire.
Crossroads of the Natural World invites readers to engage a variety of topics, including the impacts of invasive species, the importance of forested buffers along our rivers, the role of naturalists, and the challenges facing the state in a time of climate change and sea-level rise. By sharing his own journey of more than sixty years, Earnhardt entices North Carolinians of every age to explore the natural diversity of our state.
- Author BiographyTom Earnhardt, a lawyer by profession, is a committed conservationist and environmentalist. He is also the writer, coproducer, and host of the popular television programme Exploring North Carolina, which airs on UNC-TV.
- Author(s)Tom Earnhardt
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Noteillustrations (colour), map (colour)
- Weight1120 g
- Width204 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.94Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.