All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe dawn of a new millennium offers an opportunity to reappraise the achievements of contemporary English-language theatre and drama in an increasingly cross-cultural age. New multicultural voices are gaining access to the international English stage, which today more than ever is becoming a crucible of cultures. The many challenging essays gathered in this volume reflect this developing mosaic. Written by prominent theatre scholars from Europe, the United States, Canada, Asia, and Australia, these contributions explore recent drama t only in the United Kingdom and the United States, but also in such countries of the former British Empire as Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Focusing on major Anglophone dramatists of the past few decades, these essays provide a fascinating survey of the myriad ways in which English-language drama in transition transcends traditional aesthetic and cultural boundaries.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Marc Maufort, the editor, is a professor of English, American, and postcolonial literature at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles. He is the author, the editor or the co-editor of Songs of American Experience. The Vision of O'Neill and Melville; Staging Difference. Cultural Pluralism in American Theatre and Drama; Siting the Other. Re-visions of Marginality in Australian and English-Canadian Drama, and Transgressive Itineraries. Postcolonial Hybridizations of Dramatic Realism. Franca Bellarsi, the associate editor, is an instructor in English and American literature at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles. She has been associate editor for Siting the Other. Re-visions of Marginality in Australian and English-Canadian Drama. She is currently finalizing her doctoral thesis devoted to a Buddhist reading of Allen Ginsberg's work, and has contributed several articles on Beat mysticism and literature.
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleDramaturgies Textes, Cultures et Representations Texts, Cultures and Performances
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byFranca Bellarsi,Marc Maufort
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.