Crusade 2.0: The West's Resurgent War Against Islam by John Feffer (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
In his official response to the attacks of September 11, George W. Bush invoked the Crusades, tapping into a centuries-long history of fear and aggression. The West's longstanding perception of Islam as a threat has taken on new and more complex implications in the twenty-first century, as years of migration and resulting demographic shifts have brought the enemy within Western borders. Virulent opposition to the planned construction of an Islamic center near the 9/11 attack site in New York City reveals much about the intensity of public sentiments simmering just below the surface. As the United States and countries across Europe struggle with a resurgence of unexamined fear and antagonism, often directed against their own citizens, the imperative for better understanding could t be greater.
Crusade 2.0 examines the resurgence of anti-Islamic sentiment in the West and its global implications. John Feffer discusses the influence of three unfinished wars --the Crusades, the Cold War, and the current war on terror. He presents a timely, concise and provocative look at current events in the context of historical trends and goes beyond a clash of civilizations critique to offer concrete ways to defuse the ticking bomb of Islamophobia.
John Feffer is co-director of Foreign Policy in Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, DC. He is the author of several books, including North Korea, South Korea. His essays have been published in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, and elsewhere; he has been interviewed by CNN, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, Democracy Now! and other international news media.
- Author BiographyCo-director of Foreign Policy in Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies, Feffer is author of several books, including North Korea, South Korea: U.S. Policy at a Time of Crisis. His articles have been published by New York Times, Boston Globe, Salon, American Prospect, Nation, TomDispatch; he has been interviewed on CNN, MSNBC, al-Jazeera, Democracy Now, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)John Feffer
- PublisherCity Lights Books
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleOpen Media
- Place of PublicationMonroe, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCity Lights Books
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22