All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFather John F. Cronin was a member of the Sulpician order of Roman Catholic priests. Cronin joined in a struggle to keep Communists out of organized labor in Baltimore, Maryland, during the Second World War, and in doing so established connections with the FBI. Afterward, the American bishops asked him to write a report on the Communist Party. In February 1947, Cronin met Representative Richard M. Nixon and became an ufficial adviser and one of his chief speechwriters. In the 1950s and 1960s, Cronin helped the American bishops respond to rising racial tensions.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John T. Donovan graduated from St. John's Seminary College in Camarillo, California, in 1979. He received his M.A. in history from California State University, Los Angeles, in 1992 and his doctorate in history at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2000. He is currently an adjunct history teacher at Cal State Los Angeles.
- Author(s)John T. Donovan
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note8 ill.
- Weight510 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.