Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 7 March 2004, former SAS soldier and mercenary Simon Mann prepared to take off from Harare International Airport with an aeroplane full of heavy weaponry and guns for hire. Their destination: the former Spanish colony of Equatorial Guinea. Their intention: to remove one of the most brutal dictators in Africa in a privately organised coup d'etat. Mann had personally planned, overseen and won two wars in Angola and Sierra Leone. Everything should have gone right. Why, then, did it go so wrong? When Simon was released from five years' incarceration in some of Africa's toughest prisons, he made worldwide headlines. Now he is telling everything, including: * His belief that the CIA deliberately compromised the coup to court favour with Equatorial Guinea's President Obiang, in return for access to the country's vast oil resources. * How to British government approached Simon in the months preceding the Iraq war, asking him suggest ways in which a justified invasion of Iraq could be engineered. * Simon will also tell of his pain when he had to tell his wife Amanda, who gave birth to their fourth child while he was incarcerated, that he believed he would never be freed.
- Author BiographySimon Mann is a British mercenary and former British Army officer. He had been serving a 34-year prison sentence in Equatorial Guinea for his role in a failed coup d'etat in 2004, before receiving a presidential pardon on humanitarian grounds in November 2009. He has been interviewed on CNNInternational and profiled in the online edition of the Wall Street Journal.
- Author(s)Simon Mann
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, maps
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.