All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoon we entered D Block... Again, the stench here seemed overpowering. But this time, the sound of loud cries and moans caused me to turn to my hosts in alarm. Yes, said Mr. Youssef shaking his head sadly, this is too bad, but we don't have eugh caregivers to look after them. It's a good thing they are handicapped, because they don't feel anything anyway. I entered a room filled with children lying in and bound to metal cribs, their hands tied so tightly with cotton tights or rags that their appendages ballooned out into purplish-gray masses. Many of the children had also been tied around their middles. I could see their little stomachs bloated above these rag belts. Wearing thin grayish pajamas, they looked like inmates from a medieval torture house-and the cries and moans only made it worse. Oh God! How dare You show me this? What do You expect of me? That place is...is...hell. Oh God, oh God, oh God! *** But God had a plan. I would give everything I had to help these children experience God's love and mercy, to cry out for justice on their behalf, and give them hope.
- Author BiographyNorita Erickson is Founder and Director of Kardelen Mercy Teams. Norita lives with a broken but hope-filled heart. Her journey to serve those with special needs began when her world was rocked by one hellish introduction to a state-run institution-a human warehouse for those with disabilities -in Turkey. Believing God was calling her to serve the children housed there, and after seeing what a few people can do to help so many, she established the Friends of Kardelen Foundation (1998) to provide material, emotional and spiritual support to families of disabled children and young adults in Turkey.
- Author(s)Norita Erickson
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.