All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Principles and Practice of Cryptography and Network Security Stallings' Cryptography and Network Security, Seventh Edition, introduces the reader to the compelling and evolving field of cryptography and network security. In an age of viruses and hackers, electronic eavesdropping, and electronic fraud on a global scale, security is paramount. The purpose of this book is to provide a practical survey of both the principles and practice of cryptography and network security. In the first part of the book, the basic issues to be addressed by a network security capability are explored by providing a tutorial and survey of cryptography and network security techlogy. The latter part of the book deals with the practice of network security: practical applications that have been implemented and are in use to provide network security. The Seventh Edition streamlines subject matter with new and updated material - including Sage, one of the most important features of the book. Sage is an open-source, multiplatform, freeware package that implements a very powerful, flexible, and easily learned mathematics and computer algebra system. It provides hands-on experience with cryptographic algorithms and supporting homework assignments. With Sage, the reader learns a powerful tool that can be used for virtually any mathematical application. The book also provides an unparalleled degree of support for the reader to ensure a successful learning experience.
- Author BiographyDr. William Stallings has authored 18 titles, and counting revised editions, over 40 books on computer security, computer networking, and computer architecture. His writings have appeared in numerous publications, including the Proceedings of the IEEE, ACM Computing Reviews and Cryptologia. He has 13 times received the award for the best Computer Science textbook of the year from the Text and Academic Authors Association. In over 30 years in the field, he has been a technical contributor, technical manager, and an executive with several high-technology firms. He has designed and implemented both TCP/IP-based and OSI-based protocol suites on a variety of computers and operating systems, ranging from microcomputers to mainframes. As a consultant, he has advised government agencies, computer and software vendors, and major users on the design, selection, and use of networking software and products. He created and maintains the Computer Science Student Resource Site at ComputerScienceStudent.com. This site provides documents and links on a variety of subjects of general interest to computer science students (and professionals). He is a member of the editorial board of Cryptologia, a scholarly journal devoted to all aspects of cryptology. Dr. Stallings holds a PhD from MIT in computer science and a BS from Notre Dame in electrical engineering.
- Author(s)William Stallings
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/02/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1139 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.