All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrystal Balls and Moroccan Walls is ather irreverent and provocative account of an expedition made by Brian and his wife, this time to that part of Morocco that lies to the south of the Atlas Mountains. However, it is also a progstication...Southern Morocco doesn't live up to Brian's expectations. So, to brighten the dismal prospect of a dismal trip through the desert, Brian refers to a series of 'crystal balls', balls from which he is able to forecast the state of Britain in just forty years' time. This means that there is still a consideration of the merits of tajines, a description of 'fat sand rats', and a thorough assessment of all those Moroccan walls, but there is also so much more. For example, there is an explanation of how Scotland, by mid-century, has changed its name to Trumpland and how its southern neighbour, by this same time, has begun to sell itself to potential visitors from the Far East as 'Ye Olde Solde-Offe England'. There is even a review of some of the latest film offerings by this date, such as No Great Expectations...This unusual work is the penultimate book in David's seven-part series that details Brian and Sandra's travels to Assam, Syria, Borneo, Cape Verde, Namibia/Botswana, Morocco and Zambia. It is book number one in David's 'shameless subversion' of the travel-book genre.
- Author BiographyDavid Fletcher was born in Rugby. He attended the University of Birmingham and graduated with a degree in Chemistry. David then trained as a Chartered Accountant at Touche Ross, which later become Deloitte, where he rose to Partner. He is now retired.
- Author(s)David Fletcher
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.