All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCrystalline glazes have a magical quality that appeals to many ceramicists, but producing these glazes can be technically difficult. Diane Creber tackles the problems encountered in using this challenging medium. She describes the clays and kilns most suitable, explains how to glaze, provides glaze recipes, and discusses how to fire in both oxidation and reduction conditions. She also briefly sketches the history of crystalline glazes. A useful guide to this exciting subject, Crystalline Glazes is perfect for both the student and the experienced potter experimenting with this technique. The second edition includes a new chapter, profiling the work of 14 potters from around the globe. These artists discuss their approaches, techniques, and recipes for achieving successful crystalline glazes.
- Author BiographyBased in Canada, Diane Creber is a potter well known for her crystalline glazes. Her award-winning pottery has been displayed at galleries throughout Canada and in a number of books.
- Author(s)Diane Creber
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleCeramics Handbooks
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note106 color, 9 b/w illus.
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.