Cuba for Mama: A Daughter's Journey 2016: Travel Tales & Tips by Donna Starr (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's Cuba like today? Many travelers want to kw. Over 22 insightful stories, many photographs, helpful travel tips & concerns all drawn from a people-to-people mission I took to Cuba during the spring of 2016. This is the real Cuba as I experienced it, one that Obama probably did t get to see. If you are considering a trip to Cuba, you need this book! This isn't a travel guide with itineraries and maps and dry details. Cuba for Mama offers many short stories about real life experiences, as well as practical tips and ideas for the best things to pack, donations to bring, how to get to Cuba and what to expect when you are there. In 1940, my mother was only 7 when her grandparents traveled to Cuba and they promised to take her back to Cuba when she was older. It has been 76 years since that offer was made, a promise made and yet it remains unable to be fulfilled. Still today, Americans traveling as tourists are prohibited; their visits limited to a few categories including journalists, teachers, educational learning, volunteers on people-to-people missions. Once an opportunity to visit Cuba through the new guidelines presented itself, as an English teacher, I knew I had to go for both of us, allowing my mother to travel vicariously through me. This is my story, for her and for you.
- Author BiographyDonna Starr is a true Renaissance woman - writer, artist, photographer and teacher - connecting with others through creativity, laughter and language. Currently, she teaches TEFL Business English to foreign students online and has also written a children's book (ballad style) about Leo Messi, the greatest soccer player of all time. Having lived in Barcelona for several years, she is undoubtedly biased, but was happy to find that love for Spanish soccer (futbol) is alive and well in Cuba! She lives in beautiful San Diego, her garden buzzing with divebombing hummingbirds, raucous crows, a wonderful Mockingbird diva and a family of very bossy squirrels. She warmly welcomes visitors and messages at her website www.pen2paint.com, where she enjoys blogging about her travels and sharing her artwork, photography and travel sketchbooks. In addition, she has a successful YouTube channel for kids - Reading is Magic TV.
- Author(s)Donna Starr
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Lonely Planet Tasmania by Meg Worby, Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Anthony Ham (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $21.35New
- AU $14.13New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $43.45
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.32
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $39.04
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.56
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $21.35
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.