All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionAmong Hispanic literatures, Cuban-American fiction is unique because of the Cuban-American disposition to regard themselves as exiles rather than immigrants. Many Cuban-Americans have never been to Cuba and therefore must rely on the memories of those around them to draw conclusions about it. These writers have grown up with English as their primary social language and feel more comfortable using English in their writing. Until w, listing or bibliography has ever been compiled of Cuban-American fiction written in English or its criticism. As more works by Cuban-Americans are being published every year, a resource for such titles has become necessary. The body of literature needs a publication that addresses the works of Cuban-American authors for those who want an introduction to the subject, more general kwledge about the topic, or a more solid foundation from which to research it. This is the first comprehensive work to address Cuban-American fiction originally written in English. It contains listings and antations of all vels, anthologies, and short story collections written by the first and second generations of Cuban Americans. This work also possesses listings and antations of all secondary works that focus on this fiction. Works begin in 1963 with A Wake in Ybor City by Jose Yglesias and run well into the first decade of the 21st century.
- Author BiographyM. Delores Carlito is the general reference librarian and instruction coordinator at the Mervyn H. Sterne Library, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Author(s)M. Delores Carlito
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width148 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.