All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCuban Studies is the preeminent journal for scholarly work on Cuba. Each volume includes articles in English and Spanish and a large book review section.Cuban Studies 44 features a dossier on the Cuban ecomy that covers ecomic problems and causation since 2010 and their possible remedy; tax reform from 2010 to 2014; the reconfiguration of social and ecomic actors since 2011 and the prospects of a market ecomy; the functioning of state-owned companies within current restructuring policies; and changes in Cuba's trade deficit since 2009. Other topics include the consequences of the Special Period and the de/reconstruction of the New Socialist Man ; public health care policies in the post-Soviet era; the Wallace Stevens poem Academic Discourse at Havana ; U.S. General Fitzhugh Lee's role in Cuban independence; Jose Marti's death as a myth of the Cuban nation-building project; Operation Pedro Pan and the framing of childhood memories in the Cuban American community; and the social and political control of nconformists in 1960s Cuba.
- Author BiographyAlejandro de la Fuente is the Robert Woods Bliss Professor of Latin American History and Economics and professor of African and African American studies at Harvard University and director of the Afro-Latin American Research Institute in the Hutchins Center for African and African American Research. He is the author of Havana and the Atlantic in the Sixteenth Century and A Nation for All: Race, Inequality, and Politics in Twentieth-Century Cuba, and is the editor of Queloides: Race and Racism in Cuban Contemporary Art.
- Author(s)Alejandro de la Fuente
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCuban Studies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.