All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA wonderfully stalgic story about one boy's determination to follow his dreams from the award-winning author of Goodnight Mr Tom. Amid the rubble of post-war Britain, Ralph is entranced by the theatre. He loves seeing the performances, talking to the actors, the buzz of the audience, and the corridors and dressing rooms backstage. But how can a working-class boy achieve his dream when there is opportunity for theatre training? Michelle Magorian takes a lens to post-war Britain, revealing its prejudices, its quirks and its warmth. The perfect read for everyone who loved The Book Thief or Carrie's War. 'A fascinating story and a vivid picture of Britain in the 1940s' - The Times. Michelle Magorian is the best-selling author of numerous award-winning stories for children, including A Spoonful of Jam, A Little Love Song, and Cuckoo in the Nest and Just Henry. Her extensive list of awards includes the Costa Prize and the Guardian Children's Fiction Award. Michelle has worked in theatre, television and films and has an established reputation as a comedienne, performing in plays and musicals.
- Author BiographyMichelle Magorian is the best-selling author of numerous award-winning stories for children. Several of her books, including Goodnight, Mr Tom and Just Henry have been adapted for TV, helping book sales to reach the millions in the UK alone. Michelle was born in 1947 in Portsmouth, Hampshire, of a Welsh mother and Irish father with an Armenian Surname! Michelle Spent her toddler years in Singapore and two-and-a-half years (aged 7-9) in Australia. In between times, up to the age of eighteen, she lived in Portsmouth. She was educated at Kilbreda college, Mentone (Victoria, Australia) and the Covent of the Cross, Waterlooville, Hampshire. From 1969-1970 she was a mime student at Marcel Marceau's L'Ecole International de Mime in Paris. Since then Michelle has worked in theatre, television and films and has an established reputation as a comedienne, performing in plays and musicals. Michelle also toured with her one woman mime show in Italy and England. Some of her best-loved stories include A Spoonful of Jam, A Little Love Song, Cuckoo in the Nest, Just Henry and Goodnight, Mr Tom. Her extensive list of awards includes the Costa Prize and the Guardian Children's Fiction Award.
- Author(s)Michelle Magorian
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight338 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.