All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.38Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.25
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.28
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.07
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.65
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.37
About this product
- DescriptionThose who seek out the land of the Greeks with their souls also like to urish their bodies Greek style. In the homeland of Homer, Sophocles, and Plato, where historical-cultural treasures and Mediterranean flair are part of everyday life, the love of good food is an integral element of the culture. This volume of Culinaria leads us from the banquet tables of ancient symposia to the sophisticated arrangements of haute cuisine in theme tropolises as well as the simpler fare enjoyed by fishermen, farming families, and shepherds. Naturally, wine, olives, sheep's cheese, fish, and fruits play an important role in Greek dishes. This sensual journey across the mainland and the islands provides a view behind the scenes of Greek culinary culture for fans of this country, in which the Orthodox Easter celebration is just one of the highlights. More than 1,300 colored illustrations on 460 pages as well as numerous authentic recipes make even reading this book an experience for the palate.
- Author BiographyMarianthi Milona was born in 1965 in Thessaloniki and studied German, English, and Greek philology in Cologne. Since 1990, she has been a journalist for regional, national, and international radio and print media.
- Author(s)Marianthi Milona
- PublisherUllmann Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationKonigswinter
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUllmann Publishing
- Out-of-print date12/01/2017
- Content Note1000
- Weight1451 g
- Width216 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.