All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published over 350 years ago during the reign of Elizabeth I, Culpeper's Herbal remains one of the most complete listings of herbs and their uses in existence. From Adder's Tongue to Yarrow, each of the 411 herbs is described in detail, along with its government and virtues, remedies, and cautions. Although much of the medical advice must be taken with a pinch of salt, the engaging tone, enthusiasm, and expertise of the author are irresistible and highly entertaining. Also included is Culpeper's advice on gathering, drying, conserving, and using herbs to get the most out of them. This collector's edition is a must-have for anyone interested in herbs and their uses. Each entry is illustrated with a finely detailed image and there are thirty beautiful full-page plates throughout the book.
- Author BiographyNicholas Culpeper (1618-1654) was a physician and herbalist during the reign of Elizabeth I, whose practice in East London was famous for treating the poor for no charge. His masterwork, The English Physician (known as Culpeper's Herbal) was published posthumously.
- Author(s)Nicholas Culpeper
- PublisherArcturus Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArcturus Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width210 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.