Cultivated Wild: Gardens and Landscapes by Raymond Jungles by Raymond Jungles (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $126.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA long-awaited second book from the Miami-based landscape architect lauded by the Wall Street Journal for dreaming up dense, thickly forested capies that give way to modern high rises and million-dollar residences. Color and texture burst forth at every turn in gardens by landscape architect Raymond Jungles. Sculptural bromeliads, swaying palms, delicate epiphytes, and vibrant orchids combine to immerse visitors in rich, lush environments that captivate the eye with layer upon layer of interest. Taking cues first from a site s topography and conditions, Jungles combines tapestries of plants with unique water elements that enhance what nature has offered swaths of grasses and succulents direct the eye toward unspeakably romantic Caribbean vistas, intriguingly pitted and mossy oolitic limestone moliths create trickling waterfalls and hidden grottoes, and invative combinations of native trees surround sinuous and calming infinity pools. The Cultivated Wild shows Jungles expanding to such diverse locales as Big Timber, Montana; Monterrey, Mexico; St. Kitts and Nevis in the West Indies; Abacos, Bahamas; and even the temporary Brazilian Modern Orchid Show for the New York Botanical Garden as well as responding creatively to sites unique to his adopted hometown: rooftop gardens and pools including the penthouse Sky Garden atop the w-iconic Herzog & de Meuron designed parking garage at 1111 Lincoln Road, along with its famous pedestrian promenade. Jungles presents 21 gardens here in glorious full color, many accompanied by highly personal hand-drawn plans, general and thumbnail plans, sections, sketches, and design details that reveal the creative process. Packed with inspiration for gardeners in warm zones and those interested in creating subtropical gardens of their own, The Cultivated Wild reveals a firm working at the height of its talents.
- Author BiographyRaymond Jungles is the founder of the Miami-based landscape architecture firm Raymond Jungles, Inc. His work has been celebrated with numerous awards, including two national awards from the American Society of Landscape Architects and thirty-eight awards from its Florida chapter. He has lectured internationally at a diverse array of institutions and universities on the subject of his own work and on the work and influence of Roberto Burle Marx. Charles Birnbaum, FASLA, FAAR is the founder and president of The Cultural Landscape Foundation, a nonprofit organization that educates people about the value of landscape architecture and its practitioners.
- Author(s)Raymond Jungles
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Content Note201 illustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width273 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.