Cultural Anthropology: A Christian Perspective by Stephen A. Grunlan, Marvin Keene Mayers (Paperback, 1988)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume on cultural anthropology presents a Christian perspective for Bible school students of conservative evangelical backgrounds. The hope is that a sympathetic approach to the problems of cultural diversity throughout the world will help young people overcome typical North American cultural biases and bring understanding and appreciation for the diversities of behavior and thought that exist in a culturally heterogeneous world. Grunlan and Mayers take the position of functional creationism ; and though they discuss some of the problems implied in traditional interpretations of the age of the world and especially of the creation of the human race, they do t attempt to deal with either physical anthropology or the origins of man. They do, however, attempt to deal meaningfully with the problems posed by biblical absolutism and cultural relativism, and their practice. Concluding chapters with a series of thought-provoking questions should prove to be of real help to both the professional and nprofessional teacher of anthropology.
- Author BiographyStephen A. Grunlan (D.Min., Luther Theological Seminary) is pastor of Grace Fellowship, an Evangelical Free church in Overland Park, Kansas, and adjunct instructor in sociology at Grossmont College. He is coauthor of Cultural Anthropology: A Christian Perspective, and co-editor of Christian Perspectives on Sociology. Stephen A. Grunlan, M.A., Universidad de Wheaton; M.A., Universidad de Illinois; D.Min., Seminario Luther, es pastor principal de la iglesia bicultural Appleton Alliance Church en Appleton, Wisconsin, EE.UU. Marvin K. Mayers, Ph.D., University of Chicago, is Dean of the School of Intercultural Studies and World Missions at Biola University. He is the author of Christianity Confronts Culture. Marvin K. Mayers, Ph.D. Universidad de Chicago, es fundador y decano emerito de la Facultad de Estudios interculturales en la Universidad de Biola. Tambien ha sido profesor de antropologia en la Universidad de Wheaton y es el escritor de ocho libros en el campo de la antropologia.
- Author(s)Marvin Keene Mayers,Stephen A. Grunlan
- Date of Publication01/03/1988
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.