All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the last fifty years, scholars have devoted considerable effort to studying the social and ecomic evolution of the provinces of the Roman empire, but very little has been done to illuminate the institutional history of the apparatus of provincial administration, or to explain why that apparatus evolved the way it did. This study fills the void. Focusing on the provinces of Noricum, Pannia, and Moesia superior, it is the first systematic examination of the emergence of the apparatus of Roman provincial administration, and presents compelling evidence that this apparatus evolved in direct response to social, ecomic, and cultural change.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Robert L. Dise, Jr., received his Bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia, and his Master's and Doctorate degrees from the University of Michigan. Since 1987, he has been on the faculty of Clinch Valley College, where he teaches Greek and Roman history and mediaeval studies. Cultural Change and Imperial Administration is his first book.
- Author(s)Robert L. Jr Dise
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1991
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number99
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note4 charts
- Weight460 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.