All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCultural Geography: Environments, Landscapes, Identities, Inequalities explores the relationship between people and the places they live in by analyzing cultural identities and cultural landscapes on both local and global scales. The new edition of Cultural Geography introduces co-author Margaret Walton-Roberts, whose familiarity with contemporary practices in the discipline ensures a good balance between traditional and modern approaches to cultural geography. Ultimately, these approaches demonstrate cultural geography's relation to other areas of geographic interest and the impact it has on them, particularly social, ecomic, political, environmental, and physical geography. The text has been revised and updated, with enhanced discussion of identity and power, socio-spatial relationships, hybridity and nature, feminism, and Marxism, making it more appropriate for today's student. Boxed features, questions for critical thought, and suggested further readings enhance student engagement and study.
- Author BiographyWilliam Norton is a professor and the former head of the geography department at the University of Manitoba, where he teaches introductory human geography and cultural geography. He is the author of Human Geography, eighth edition. Margaret Walton-Roberts is an associate professor at Wilfrid Laurier University and the associate director of the International Migration Research Centre.
- Author(s)Margaret Walton-Roberts,William Norton
- PublisherOxford University Press, Canada
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintOxford University Press, Canada
- Content Note28 figures; 27 photos; 8 tables
- Weight616 g
- Width180 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.