All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionDoes our cultural background influence the way we think and feel about ourselves and others? Does our culture affect how we choose our partners, how we define intelligence and abrmality and how we bring up our children? Psychologists have long pondered the relationship between culture and a range of psychological attributes. Cultural Issues In Psychology is an all round student guide to the key studies, theories and controversies which seek to explore human behaviour in a global context. The book explores key controversies in global psychology, such as: * Culture: what does it mean and how has it been researched? * Relativism and universalism: are they compatible approaches in global research? * Ethcentrism: is psychological research dominated by a few regions of the world? * Indigeus psychologies: what are the diverse research traditions from around the world? * Research methods and perspectives: how can we compare and contrast cross-cultural psychology and cultural psychology? The book also includes detailed examinations of global research into mainstream areas of psychology, such as social, cognitive and developmental psychology, as well as abrmal psychology. With insightful classroom activities and helpful pedagogical features, this detailed, yet accessibly written book gives introductory-level psychology students access to a concise review of key research, issues, controversies and diverse approaches in the area of culture and psychology.
- Author BiographyAndrew Stevenson has been teaching Psychology since 1990 at a variety of levels, including A-Level and undergraduate. He now divides his time between writing, freelance training and lecturing.
- Author(s)Andrew Stevenson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFoundations of Psychology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 56 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width172 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.