Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Heine is one of the leading figures in the field of cultural psychology. In addition to presenting the importance of culture to the study of behavior, Cultural Psychology, Second Edition, has a strong emphasis on research methodology, which comes out of in-depth discussions of select topics and studies in each chapter-encouraging students to understand common behaviors in different cultures. Heine builds the text around the most enduring questions in the field of psychology and shows how cultural psychology is providing insights into our understanding of them.
- Author BiographySteven J. Heine (Ph.D. University of British Columbia) is Professor of Psychology at the University of British Columbia. His research focuses on the role of culture in people's motivations to view themselves positively. He has published over thirty articles and written nine book chapters, including Culture and Motivation, in the forthcoming Handbook of Cultural Psychology. He received the Distinguished Scientist Early Career Award for Social Psychology from the American Psychological Association in 2003 and the Early Career Award from the International Society of Self and Identity in 2002. He lives with his family in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Steven J. Heine
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1170 g
- Width193 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.