All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this second edition of Cultural Safety in Aotearoa New Zealand, editor Dianne Wepa presents a range of theoretical and practice-based perspectives adopted by experienced educators who are active in cultural safety education. Thoroughly revised to incorporate the latest methods and research, this edition reflects updates in government policies and nursing practices, and features new chapters on ethical considerations when working cross-culturally, as well as the legislative requirements of the Nursing Council of New Zealand. Each chapter includes key terms and concepts, practice examples providing content from healthcare workers' everyday experiences, reflective questions to encourage the assimilation of ideas into practice, and references to allow further exploration of the issues discussed. Cultural Safety in Aotearoa New Zealand will equip students, tutors, managers, policy analysts and others involved in the delivery of healthcare with the tools to ackwledge the importance of cultural difference in achieving health and well-being in diverse communities.
- Author BiographyDianne is of Ngati Kahungunu descent. She has a background in mental health social work, family counseling, clinical/cultural supervision and nursing education. She has been an associate lecturer at the Eastern Institute of Technology in New Zealand and now works with Hawkes Bay District Health Board. Dianne has developed expert knowledge in the field of cultural safety education and Maori health. She has presented at conferences throughout New Zealand, the South Pacific, USA and Canada. She has published in social work and nursing journals within these countries as well. Currently Dianne is studying towards completing her PhD.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDianne Wepa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.