All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionCultural Tourism remains the only book to bridge the gap between cultural tourism and cultural and heritage management. The first edition illustrated how heritage and tourism goals can be integrated in a management and marketing framework to produce sustainable cultural tourism. The current edition takes this further to base the discussion of cultural tourism in the theory and practice of cultural and heritage management (CM and CHM), under the understanding that for tourism to thrive, a balanced approach to the resource base it uses must be maintained. An 'umbrella approach' to cultural tourism represents a unique feature of the book, proposing solutions to achieve an optimal outcome for all sectors. Reflecting the many important developments in the field this new edition has been completely revised and updated in the following ways: * New sections on tangible and intangible cultural heritage and world heritage sites. * Expanded material on cultural tourism product development, the cultural tourism market and consumer behaviour, planning and delivery of exceptional experiences * New case studies throughout drawn from cultural attractions in developing countries such as Southeast Asia, China, South Africa and the Pacific as well as from the developed world, particularly the United States, Britain, Japan, Singapore, Australia and Canada. Written by experts in both tourism and cultural heritage management, this book will enable professionals and students to gain a better understanding of their own and each other's roles in achieving sustainable cultural tourism. It provides a blueprint for producing top-quality, long-term cultural tourism products.
- Author BiographyHilary du Cros is an Honorary Research Fellow, University of New Brunswick, Canada. She has a unique perspective on tourism, heritage and arts management after 30 years as an academic and consultant in the Asia-Pacific Region. Books include The Arts and Events with Lee Jolliffe (Routledge 2014) and Cultural Heritage Management in China with Y.S.F Lee (Routledge 2009). Bob McKercher is a Professor of Tourism at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He has wide ranging research interests focused around special interest tourism markets, product development and consumer behaviour. He received his PhD from the University of Melbourne in Australia, a Masters degree from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada and his undergraduate degree from York University in Toronto, Canada. Prior to entering academia, he worked in a variety of operational and advocacy position in the Canadian tourism industry.
- Author(s)Bob McKercher,Du Cross Hilary
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 105 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.