CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time of rapid demographic change and amidst the many educational challenges facing the US, this critical new collection presents mathematics education from a culturally responsive perspective. It tackles the most crucial issues of teaching mathematics to an ethnically diverse school population, including the political dimension of mathematics education within the context of governmental efforts to improve achievement in school mathematics. Culturally Responsive Mathematics Education moves beyond a point of view that is internal to mathematics education as a discipline, and instead offers a broad perspective of mathematics as a significant, liberating intellectual force in our society. The editors of this volume bring together contributions from many of the leading teachers, teacher educators, researchers, scholars, and activists who have been working to reorient mathematics education in ways that reflect mathematics education as accomplished, first and foremost, through human interactions.
- Author BiographyDr. Brian Greer is an independent scholar and Adjunct Professor in the Graduate School of Education at Portland State University. Dr. Swapna Mukhopadhyay is an Associate Professor in the Graduate School of Education at Portland State University. Dr. Arthur B. Powell is an Associate Professor of Mathematics Education in the Department of Urban Education and Associate Director of the Robert B. Davis Institute for Learning at Rutgers University. Dr. Sharon Nelson-Barber is a sociolinguist and directs the Center for the Study of Culture and Language in Education Research at WestEd.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byArthur B. Powell,Brian Greer,Sharon Nelson-Barber,Swapna Mukhopadhyay
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.