Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an updated second edition of the comprehensive introduction to intercultural pragmatics, providing essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students.This comprehensive introduction to intercultural pragmatics examines the theoretical, methodological and practical issues in the analysis of talk across cultures.The book includes: an introduction to the key issues in culture and communication; an examination of cross-cultural and intercultural communication; empirical case studies from a variety of languages, including German, Greek, Japanese and Chinese; practical chapters on pragmatics research, recording and analysing data, and projects in intercultural pragmatics; exercises at the end of each chapter; and, a glossary of termsThis second edition of Culturally Speaking will be an essential guide for undergraduate and postgraduate students, and researchers interested in communication across cultures.
- Author BiographyDr Helen Spencer-Oatey is the Director of the Centre for English Language Teacher Education at the University of Warwick, UK.
- Author(s)Helen Spencer-Oatey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/04/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.