All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoldly stated and passionately supported, this argument against religious influence on the American government and legal system analyzes the impact that religion has on culture in the United States. The book makes the claim that many laws based on religious beliefs, specifically theology promoted in the Middle Ages, are misattributed as long-standing social values and that changing the theology itself threatens the religious institution supporting it--igniting a cultural war engulfed in fear and resulting in political dysfunction. It reveals that from sexuality to family planning and the tax system, religious doctrines permeate and direct American life without accounting for the differing views of individuals, and in response, the author provides strategies for overcoming the imposition of external religious views and demonstrates the value in standing up for a secular nation where morality is t tied to one particular religious group.
- Author BiographyMarie Alena Castle is a political activist and the communications director for Atheists for Human Rights, and she has held leadership positions in both local and national atheist organizations. Her writing has appeared in American Atheist journal, the Moral Atheist newsletter, and Secular Nation magazine. She lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Marie Alena Castle
- PublisherSee Sharp Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationArizona
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSee Sharp Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight334 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.