Culture and Children's Intelligence: Cross-Cultural Analysis of the WISC-III by Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $121.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a unique cross-cultural perspective of the WISC-III. From construction, translation and adaptation in different cultures, to analysis of its structure and function as a concept, to its clinical use with different ethnic groups, Culture and Children's Intelligence provides clinician's the tools they need when using the WISC-III. The focus of this reference work is on children's intelligence as measured by the WISC-III in different cultures and its use in these cultures (USA, UK, Canada, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, and Greece). It also discusses the interpretation of the results of the WISC-III in terms of cultural and ethnic factors. * Leading experts discuss the clinical use of the WISC-III as it relates to culture and children * Provides methods to clinicians and school psychologists to aid in understanding and interpreting results * Direct relevance to practitioners, researchers, and trainers
- Author BiographyLawrence G. Weiss, PhD is Vice President of Test Development for Pearson Clinical Assessment. He oversees a department of 150 professionals and is responsible for all research and test development activities related to the company's psychological, educational, speech, language, and occupational therapy assessment products as well as post college admissions tests. He also advises on test development activities for the company's international business partners around the globe including Pearson Clinical Assessment offices in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, The Netherlands, India, China, Spain, and Brazil. Dr. Weiss has presented widely on intelligence in more than a dozen countries. He has authored or co-authored the following 7 graduate level text books: . WISC-III Cross Cultural Analyses: Culture and Children's Intelligence (2003) . WISC-IV Clinical Use and Interpretation (2005) . WISC-IV Advanced Clinical Interpretation (2006) . WISC-IV Clinical Use and Intervention (2008) . WAIS-IV Clinical Use and Interpretation (2010) . BAYLEY-III Clinical Use and Interpretation (2010) . Advanced Clinical Assessment with WAIS-IV and WMS-IV (2013) Some of his books have been translated into Spanish, Japanese, and Korean. In addition, he has authored or coauthored approximately 30 journal articles, 12 technical reports, and 10 other book chapters. Dr. Weiss holds a PhD degree in industrial and organizational psychology from Texas A&M University, and a master's degree in clinical psychology from Trinity University. He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife of 28 years, Judy Ann. The Weiss' have two adult sons. Dr. Saklofske is a Professor in the Division of Applied Psychology at the University of Calgary. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Saskatchewan and Swinburne University, Australia. He is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association and the Association for Psychological Science. Dr. Saklofske has published more than 150 journal articles and book chapters on intelligence, personality, individual differences and psychological assessment. As well, he has written or edited books on the Wechsler intelligence scales, personality and intelligence, exceptional children, and educational psychology. He is the Editor of the Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment and the Canadian Journal of School Psychology and Associate Editor of Personality and Individual Differences.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePractical Resources for the Mental Health Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDonald H. Saklofske,Fons J. R. van de Vijver,James Georgas,Lawrence G. Weiss
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.