All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Culture and Customs of the World series delivers a fresh, modern perspective on individual countries for which detailed information is most in demand in the school curriculum and library. Each volume is written by a country expert especially to meet the needs of students and the general reader. The world's countries come alive in insightful, accessible chapters that cover crucial topics as: the land and history; the people, language, food, and traditional dress; religion and thought; social customs and lifestyle; media; literature; marriage, family, women's roles, and education; performing arts, music, and cinema; and, art and architecture. For a complete listing of all titles in this series, go to our associated website.
- Author BiographyJOHN B. RONEY is a scholar of European history and teaches in the Department of History at Sacred Heart University. His areas of research focus on the smallest states in Europe that have managed to remain independent, including the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Switzerland, since the Renaissance. The place of religion in society has been of particular interest, as well as the study of how historians have written about history. He regularly teaches these areas together with the wider fields of Medieval to Modern France.
- Author(s)John B. Roney
- Date of Publication23/09/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCultures and Customs of the World
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note32
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.