All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing his profoundly influential study, Orientalism , Edward Said w examines western culture. From Jane Austen to Salman Rushdie, from Yeats to media coverage of the Gulf War, Culture and Imperialism is a broad, fierce and wonderfully readable account of the roots of imperialism in European culture.
- Author BiographyEdward Said was born in Jerusalem in 1935. In 1951 he attended a private preparatory high school in Massachusetts, America and he went on to study at Princeton University for his BA and at Yale for his MA and PhD. He became University Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Columbia Unversity. Said was bestowed with numerous honorary doctorates from universities around the world and twice received Columbia's Trilling Award and the Wellek Prize of the American Comparative Literature Association. He is best known for describing and critiquing 'Orientalism' and his book on the subject was published in 1978. He died in 2003.
- Author(s)Edward W. Said
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.