All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionCulture and Meaning in Health Services Research is a practical guide to applying interpretive qualitative methods to pressing healthcare delivery problems. A leading medical anthropologist who has spent many years working in applied healthcare settings, Sobo combines sophisticated theoretical insights and methodological rigor with authentic, real-world examples and applications. In addition to clearly explaining the nuanced practice of ethgraphy and guiding the reader through specific methods that can be used in focus groups or interviewing to yield useful findings, Sobo considers the social relationships and power dynamics that influence field entry, data ownership, research deliverables, and authorship decisions. Crafted to communicate the importance of culture and meaning across the many disciplines engaged in health services research, this book is ideal for courses in such fields as public health and health administration, nursing, anthropology, health psychology, and sociology.
- Author BiographyElisa J. Sobo is an associate professor of anthropology at San Diego State University and a clinical associate professor in the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. She also has ten years of full-time work experience in applied medial research settings, including five years at Children's Hospital San Diego. Sobo is author, co-author, or co-editor of nine books, including Using Methods in the Field: a Practical Introduction and Casebook (AltaMira Press) and Child Health Services Research: Applications, Innovations, and Insights (Jossey-Bass). She publishes extensively in major social science, healthcare, and medical journals.
- Author(s)Elisa J. Sobo
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.